Wednesday, February 11, 2015

the back slide

I've slid back so far
i cant see me any more
I've fell down into a hole
that i was never in before
I hid there for a while
rejecting your helping hand
not ready to leave my sorry
and once again stand

when i was down
wanting no one around
i pushed you away
when i was broken
no words to be spoken
i would dread today
now you lift me
so i can see
this is the debt you pay

this is the back slide
this is the bad side
of me
this is the back slide
when i run and hide
from me
this is the back slide
where our souls collide
inevitably

I slid back but what for
now i don't see me anymore
all i can see is you
and all the things you do
i cant hide your love lord
and you have answered my plea
i finally see you lord
i can finally see you in me

when i was down
wanting no one around
i pushed you away

No comments:

Post a Comment